Criteria for Tenancy
Caster Management welcomes all applicants and supports the precepts of equal access and “Fair Housing.” Management will not refuse access to any housing, accommodation, or other interest in property or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital/familial static, physical or mental handicap, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orientation.
General Requirements and Information
- Each person over the age of 18 years who intends to reside in the subject Dwelling Unit must submit a separate Rental Application.
- Application must be completely filled out and Signed.
- Each applicant must qualify INDIVIDUALLY, based on credit and rental history. Monthly gross income is based on total household income.
- Application fees must be paid prior to processing the rental application in the amount of $ 40 per person. This covers the cost of processing your application and obtaining your credit report. Once the application has been processed, we cannot refund the application fee.
- Positive picture ID will require at the time you submit your application for process.
- Management makes every effort to process application within 24-48 hours of submission; however, processing can take several days due to inability to contact previous/present landlords, employers, and other references.
- Management will make a reasonable attempt to contact previous and present landlord(s) submitted by Applicant; however, the ultimate responsibility for supplying this information to management lies with the applicant. Management reverses the right to decline tenancy based on our inability to contact the references provided.
- We cannot guarantee any unit you have seen to be available to you by the time your application is processed. Dwelling units are rented to the first approved applicant with a holding deposit paid. A holding deposit will not be accepted until the rental application approved.
- Once approved all applicants must have a Renters Insurance policy, listing Caster Management LLC as “Additional Insured.” Certificates of Insurance is required at move in.
- The security deposits and first’s month’s rent must be paid by cashier’s check or money order.
Rental History/Homeownership Requirements
- Two or more years of verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord required. Relatives and friends are not acceptable rental references.
- Daytime phone numbers are required for rental references.
- If you do not have landlord references but have sold your home, provide a copy of the settlement paperwork. If you own a house that you are now renting, provide a copy of the lease agreement and your property manager’s contact information.
- Should the credit report come back with an “Address Discrepancy”, applicants must provide proof of their current address. Acceptable forms of proof include: driver’s license or valid state ID, current lease or mortgage statement, home utility or insurance bill, or a pay stub dated within the past 30 days.
- Monthly household gross income must equal approximately three (2.5) times stated monthly rent.
- You are required to provide proof of income in either of the following forms:
- Last two paycheck stubs.
- Recent tax return or W2.
- Award letters (i.e. alimony, SSI, child support, new employment offer letter)
- Self-employed individuals must provide previous 2 years tax returns and previous 3-month company bank statements.
- Retired applicants must provide previous 3 months bank statements indicating their monthly direct deposit.
- A maximum of 2 individual income may be combined to meet the income requirements.
- Unverifiable income will NOT be considered
- Good credit is required.
- Credit must be at least 60% positive overall.
- Outstanding bad debts being reported on credit report of more than $500 but less than $2,500 may be accepted with proper explanation and proof.
- After a bankruptcy has been discharged, applicant must show six (6) months of positive established credit.
- Our credit-reporting agency evaluates credit and rental history against indicators of future rent payment performance. An unsatisfactory finding may result in the requirement of an additional deposit, guarantor, or denial. An unsatisfactory credit report reflects past or current bad debts, late payments, unpaid bills, collection accounts, liens, judgments, or bankruptcies, etc.
- Applicant supplied reports will not be accepted
- Two (2) or more NSF checks within a 12-month period will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any property damage or disturbance will result in denial.
- Any Collection filed by a property management company or landlord will result in denial.
- Any applicant with unlawful detainer action or eviction within the past three (3) years will be denied.
- If unable to verify the income necessary to pay rent, applicant will be denied.
- Excessive collections will result in denial.
- Outstanding debt to property management or landlord will result in denial.
- Any applicant with a bankruptcy not shown as discharged will be denied until shown otherwise.
- If convicted of a sex crime and are subject to a lifetime registration requirement.
- If convicted of the manufacturing or production of a controlled substance.
- May be denied if convicted of drug-related or violent criminal activities within the past 3 years.
- If you have a pet, there is an additional per pet application charge, which is ad ministered by a third-party pet screening tool. You will find the link and instructions within the application.
- The below listed dog breeds or mixture of breeds ore not allowed under ANY circumstances: Pit Bull, American Stafford shire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Chow, Doberman Pinscher, Rottweiler, Perro de Presa Canaries, or a Wolf-Hybrid
SERVICE/ ASSISTANCE ANIMALS:
- If you have a service animal or emotional support animal, there is an additional per animal application, which is administered by a third-party pet screening tool. You will find the link and instructions within the application under the "Pets" section.